The New Rules of Engagement:
I’m opting for a more simplified form of the rules than on the original Glass City Jungle when you comment you agree to these rules.
1. Don’t use insulting language – the goal is civil discussion with members of our community who have differing political ideologies:
“I disagree with you because…” = ideal
“That idea is stupid because…” = less than ideal
“You are stupid” = not acceptable
“Those (conservatives) (liberals) = ideal
“Those (teabaggers) (moonbats)” = less than ideal
“You are a (teabagger) (moonbat)” = not acceptable
2. You MUST use a valid working e-mail and you must stick to one user name. All first time comments are held in moderation, if you do not use a valid working e-mail or you attempt to post under more than one name – your comment will not be approved.
3. If you break these rules, or if you demonstrate you are behaving in a manner designed to insult/disrupt, your commenting ability will be moderated and if necessary your comments will not be approved.
4. Glass City Jungle has taken a position of not endorsing candidates. The blog is designed to share information and while I will at times share my opinion, I will not formally endorse candidates.
5. Staying on topic, “Golden Rule” and “Godwin’s Law” are recommended…If you take issue with a comment written by someone or an action I’ve taken, e-mail is the recommended manner of resolution – firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those of you who want to be able to edit your comments, there is a way for you to do so. Unfortunately it requires that you take an extra step when first writing your comment – but it’s fairly easy once you get used to it. Those of you who don’t care about spell check or being able to edit your comments can continue commenting as you currently do.
I have a screen shot below that tells you exactly what to do … You can also now spell check your comments if you use the new comment box.